Welcome to Lake Chelan Valley’s most popular Summer Party with a Purpose!
We are hosting our 14th Annual Benefit Concert and Auction on August 7, 2021. We are so pleased to have our event LIVE this year. And, we know you are excited too, because we sold out in 4 days! So, we created this page to offer you an opportunity to help us raise money online as well for these two critical nonprofits that provide support for children in-need.
Let’s Raise Some Money!!!
This is the part of the party where YOU get to make a difference. Both of the nonprofits that are supported by Chelan to Africa make a critical difference in the well-being of children both locally and half-way around the globe. Both of the nonprofits offer services that NO OTHER organization offers in their geographic location. Therefore, BOTH nonprofits deserve your consideration for a generous donation. Please help us make a difference for these two groups and we will plan on doing it again in 2022!!
Donate to Support the Touching Tiny Lives Foundation AND Thrive Chelan Valley
Chelan to Africa has been supporting TTL for 13 years now, after learning about the lifesaving work they do. TTL is a non-profit organization supporting orphaned children in a mountainous region of Lesotho, Africa. Lesotho has the highest percentage of orphans in the world due to a young adult population where 30% are HIV positive coupled with poverty, severe droughts, and sustenance living. TTL runs a safehouse for the most at-risk children and provides a robust outreach and education program that makes a lasting difference for the families they serve. Lesotho has made great strides in reducing HIV infection in adults and children, but now the COVD19 crisis has hit Lesotho hard. On top of the pandemic, this is the third year of terrible droughts that have led to children dying even more frequently from malnutrition and disease. Your contribution will make a significant difference in their well-being and survival.
Thrive Chelan Valley exists to raise awareness, advocate, and empower the community to provide programs and services that meet the needs of Lake Chelan Valley youth. They believe that all Lake Chelan Valley youth have everything they need to reach their full potential. Thrive offers numerous programs to area youth including Thrive Cares which meets tangible needs with wraparound services; Thrive Mentoring that provides adult mentors for youth and Thrive Teen Center which provides teens with a safe space, a warm meal, fun games and good music. This is but a limited list of what they actually do! And, all of these needs have become magnified due to the COVID19 pandemic which has left children without the support of a classroom and teachers AND has created worsened financial insecurity for many families and youth. Thrive needs your help now more than ever. Thank you for helping us remove barriers!
What your donation provides
- TTL: 1 year of food packages for 1 child, providing balanced meals in the face of drought and severe food shortages
- Thrive: 1 year’s worth of Food2Schools meals for one student, providing weekend nutrition for food insecure Chelan and Manson students
- Thrive: Provides a local teen with five mental health sessions with a trained therapist
- TTL: 1 month of fuel for ALL of TTL’s rugged outreach vehicles, taking food and medicine to the most vulnerable children
- TTL: 15 months of formula for babies whose mothers can no longer feed them.
- Thrive: Thrive Cares hygiene kits (i.e toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, etc) for 150 local students
- Thrive: Supports a Thrive mentee for one year, ensuring they have access to a trained Thrive mentor, monthly care packages, and engaging events which propel their relationship with their mentor
- TTL: 6 months salary for a caregiver that works all day and night to care for the children in the safe-home
Or donate a custom amount. Every dollar helps! Donate Now>
It is humbling, and an honor to be part of this ongoing “party with a purpose” with YOU for the last 14 years. We really do want to THANK YOU and we are planning on seeing you in 2022 when we will once again dance, enjoy the view, drink the wine, and raise money for two incredible causes!